“Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.” ~1 John 4:11-12
The 2022 Winter Olympics have just wrapped up and now Beijing is gearing up for the Paralympics which start on March 4th. Seeing the ‘world’ come together through these athletes should remind us that we need to love one another, encourage one another and pray for one another. 1 John 4 says “…since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” Our world seems to be in chaos, yet we can have hope and if we love one another as God loves us, we can be a light in the darkness. Let’s look towards this light and let it shine for everyone around us to see!
My preparations continue as I hope to return to Japan before summer. Hattori sensei called the Immigration Dept in Nagoya to check on my visa processing. They say there still needs to be more travel restrictions lifted before they will issue the other part of my visa. While we wait on that, I’m once again planning a partnership development trip just after Easter and am looking forward to connecting with some of you in AB, SK & MB (yes, I’m hoping to get to Winnipeg for one night as well). My stops will include Calgary, Three Hills, Saskatoon, Regina & possibly Winnipeg. If you live in one of these areas and would like to get together for a cup of tea and hear more about my ministry, please let me know so we can set up a time/date. I’m very excited that I’ll be able to connect with some friends who served with Multiply in Japan in the past (Ron & Betty Russell and Allen & Marilyn Bien), as well as to meet up with Cory & Masami Giesbrecht and their boys in Regina. Please pray that this trip will go ahead (after cancelling last Sept.) and that I will be able to find a few new partners to reach 100% of my budget needs.
It has been a blessing and joy to connect with many of you recently and I pray that I can see many more of you as restrictions continue to ease. I’m available on Mondays & Tuesdays to meet one-on-one, so please give me a call at 604-832-0477 and let’s set up a time to have tea and chat! It will be wonderful to see you in person once again.
This past Monday was Family Day in BC and I was able to spend some time on the weekend with my granddaughters & sons. Some of you may not have family living near you right now, but let’s always remember we are a part of God’s family and have sisters and brothers in Christ. It’s so important to spend time with them as well, encouraging one another on life’s journeys and to have time to pray together. I’m so grateful for God’s family lifting me up in prayer…thank you so much!
Just a reminder that if you would like to join in a nation-wide prayer time for Japan, please click on this link. The call is this Friday (Feb. 25th) 4PM PST (9AM Japan time). If you’re not able to make it onto the call please feel free to pray from wherever you are at that time.
- Please pray for the Ukraine. Pray for peace and the withdrawal of foreign troups and pray for our workers there to keep safe/be able to leave the country safely.
- Pray for Canada and that we will unite again as a country of peace and freedom.
- Pray for peace and comfort for John Balzer and family in the loss of his wife, Isabelle.
- Pray for the ESL ministries at Fujigaoka Christ Church and Komaki Hope Chapel. These are the churches I will be returning to. Please pray that Komaki will restart classes soon and that new students will begin attending classes. Pray for Mark and that he will have strength and energy to continue teaching at 3 churches.
- Pray for Cory & Masami Giesbrecht and their family as they prepare to come to Canada for MINA at the end of March. Pray for their flights to go smoothly and that the weather will be good for travelling to visit their supporters & churches.
- Praise the Lord that Mark will stay teaching at the churches until July (hopefully I’ll be back in Japan around that time).
- Praise the Lord for restrictions easing in Japan and pray that soon I will be able to apply for my visa.
- Praise the Lord for accommodations and a vehicle for the Giesbrechts while they’re in Canada on MINA. Praise too that we will be able to meet together on April 24th at Parliament Community Church in Regina.
- Praise God because He is so faithful and good!
Thank you all so much for your continued support and prayers. It’s because of you that I have the hope of returning to Japan to continue sharing the love of Jesus with the ESL students and choir members. May God bless you and your family.