“Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness; you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God. For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God. “(2 Cor.9: 10-12)
Greetings from Winnipeg, Manitoba!
Thank you for your prayers as we travelled to Canada from Japan. We have arrived in Winnipeg and are settling into our home well. During our last week in Japan, we celebrated Noah’s graduation from junior high and Sola’s graduation from elementary school. It was a joyful day for our children but a bit of a sad day for us to say good-bye to the elementary school that cared for our children so well over the past 7 years. We also enjoyed a walk in a park filled with plum and apricot flowers. It has become our tradition to do this each spring with the Sakais – who hosted us at their house on our very first night in Japan seven years ago. At that time we arrived at their door as strangers, but now the Sakai family is truly like a family to us. Our friend Satoyo also gathered a small group of friends to look back what God did in our lives in the last 7 years and have a prayer time to send us off.
So our hearts are filled with thankfulness. It is this thankfulness that we would like to share with you this time. So thank you for your prayers and we look forward to seeing many of you over next few months.
Cory and Masami
- We thank God for His protection as we traveled from Japan to Canada; including 5 negative Covid tests!
- We are thankful for friends and families in Japan and Canada who are taking care of us in many different ways during this transition.
- For our children: Joshua (staying in Japan to finish grade 11), Noah (having a lot of free time in Winnipeg) and Sola (starting grade 7 at Gordon Bell High School)
- For God to bring people who are seeking Jesus to Ishibashi MB Church and Roses Church.
- For God to provide new prayer and financial partners for us so that we can return to Japan in August!