If you would like to receive the Giesbrecht’s full missions updates, click here to sign up for their newsletters.
“I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.” Romans 8:18-23
We spent many hours at the park over last few months rain or shine! Thanks to “R”.
“Waiting for Adoption”
Greetings from Osaka, Japan!
This week we said goodbye to another foster child. Our 3 year old foster daughter went back to her home after several months away. I think we all felt the grief pretty sorely when she left. For me (Cory) it has been feeling stretched and tired. Romans talks about how we “groan inwardly while we wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies”. Sometimes we feel intensely that the world isn’t right, and we so badly want it to be right.
This was the case for one young lady named Ayumi who recently got baptized. She had a growing sense that the world was broken and getting darker. She searched the internet and found many strange and dark things, but nothing that satisfied her. Although she had been connected with Christians several times before (and had rejected what they had), she suddenly got a sense that maybe what she was searching for was “the Christian God”. Now she has repented of all her sins, been delivered from demons, fear and darkness, and is being mentored by one of our female evangelists. They have come together to our park church and preached the gospel in the rain recently. As they sang praise songs with a colorful guy named Gunpei, he cried lots of tears hidden in fits of laughter. Let’s pray that he will be able to go through with his intention to get baptized and turn from his former way of life like Ayumi did.
I feel a bit like Gunpei san – hiding my tears behind my laughter. But I feel that there is something greater, something higher, that these present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Jesus will be revealed in us.
Thank you for praying,
Cory and Masami
Please join us to pray for Japan and other countries at Multiply House of Prayer.
Japan team meets every Friday 7 pm (CST). To join contact us or Click Here to register online.
- We thank you God that our time with R (3 years old girl) went very well. We thank God that now she is reunited with her mum after 3 months.
- Praise God that He continues to send people to Roses Church (Park church) who are ready to follow Jesus. Praise the Lord that a small group of people from Ishibashi MB Church is praying for the Roses Church and interested in coming out to the park.
- Praise God for Ayumi’s baptism.
- We thank God that Ishibashi MB Church started to meeting in person this weekend.
- Please pray for R and her mum. Pray that peace of Christ stays with R wherever she goes.
- For Hayato and his family that God will heal their relationship.
- For Joshua as he seeks his first part-time job this week.
- For Noah as he has to decide his high school option for next year.
- For our next MINA (time in Canada) planning.
- Please pray for Okaerinasai (Welcome home) Ministry that our friends started. The ministry aims to help people around LGBTQ+ topics.