We want to thank you for your emails, telling us that you are praying. God is answering many a prayer!!
Three weeks from today we will be in the air, heading to Toronto. Next week, March 23rd, the “packers” will arrive at 9am and start packing up our home!! At 2 PM the container will be parked in front of our apartment and they hope to have it packed and sealed that evening.
God has answered:
- There are renters for our apartment, and they will be dropping by on Wednesday. They are buying our kitchen cupboards, for which we are very thankful. Here in Austria, the kitchen belongs to the person renting and not to the owners of the apartment.
- Our car has a new buyer!
- Austria has been open enough to allow us to visit 4 of our 5 churches in person. Yes, there are fewer people in the services, but the goodbyes have been very meaningful. We are so thankful.
- We have had contact in person or by phone with so many friends who were a part of our lives from the beginning. Goodbyes are never easy, but they have been so good.
- We have had wonderful times with our children and families in the last weeks. We will spend the last week with our daughter and Easter Sunday we will all be together for the last time. On Easter Monday, we leave by train from Linz to Vienna and then fly out to Frankfurt and on to Toronto.
- We have stayed healthy.
Unfortunately, we will not be meeting with our Austrian church leaders for a retreat this coming weekend. Our hotels and restaurants continue to be closed due to Covid restrictions. We had so much hoped to be able to meet with them one last time.
- All the “lasts” that need to be taken care of this week. We will have our last care group meeting with our friends tomorrow night.
- Sleep. We are noticing that our minds are filled with many thoughts: things that still need to be done, visits that we would like to have. All these thoughts tend to come during the night.
- That all will go well with the packing and container being shipped.
- We need to quarantine in a hotel in Toronto for three days. We need guidance as we book the hotel and write out our quarantine plan.
- Our last goodbyes in our home church here in Linz, on March 28th. We will miss the church so much.
- Our Multiply team here, Dave and Mel Berg and family and Sarah Reed. We had our last team meeting this morning.
- That our quarantine time will be a meaningful time of reflection, relaxing and spending time with our Father and each other.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways submit to him, and he will direct your paths.” ~Proverbs 3:5-6
These verses encouraged us this morning at our team meeting. We have a God who is going before us. He will direct our paths.
Please check your email addresses. Erase all “aon.at” addresses, as they are no longer valid.
After we have finished our quarantine in Saskatoon, we will arrange our mailing address with Canada Post and obtain new phone numbers. In our next update we will inform you of these.
Blessings to you,
Hazel & Richard Funk