“Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives my sins and heals all my diseases.” Psalm 103:1-3
Thanksgiving classes were such a blessing this year. As I did chapel time, we went around and asked one another what we were thankful for. Most students responded they were grateful for family, friends, and good health. A few students responded they were grateful to God for bringing me back to Japan to teach once again. This deeply touched me and I pray I will be able to continue in this role for as long as God wants me here.
This past week I have been battling bronchitis. I wasn’t able to get to the doctor until Thursday (as I had to wait until Wednesday to get a PCR test (which was negative). I knew last Monday I probably had bronchitis but without any medicine until Thursday, it took a good hold of my throat and chest. We had to cancel classes this week, for which I was truly sorry, but I got 5 different medications on Thursday and thankfully this weekend it is starting to subside. Please pray I’ll be able to teach again next week…thank you 😊
I have some very exciting news to share. I was contacted a couple of weeks ago by Vicki from Parliament Community Church in Regina, SK. She wrote to say that PCC would like to find a way for their Sunday School kids to connect with my ESL kids. I was very encouraged to hear this and now the kids at PCC are writing letters and drawing pictures to send to Japan. I will give these to the kids in my classes and have them write back. Please pray for this new ministry and that life-long relationships will be formed. Pray that God’s love can be shared in a special way and that the ESL kids will one day receive Jesus through this ministry!
It seems hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner (sorry, but it is…) With that in mind, would you please pray for me as I prepare to share the birth of Jesus with students, especially the new ones. Pray that our class activities will be an encouragement to them and that they will open their hearts and ears to hearing how Our Saviour came to the world so that we could have eternal life. Please pray, too, that we will be able to join classes together this year for a potluck lunch. It gives the students an opportunity to meet one another and to have a wonderful time of fellowship. Thank you!
Some Praise Items:
- Praise for the new ministry with the kids classes and Parliament Community Church. Please also pray for good connections between the children of PCC and the ESL kids here and that some life-long friendships will be made.
- Praise for wonderful Thanksgiving classes.
- Praise that my bronchitis is almost gone!
Some Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Cory, Masami and their team as they do outreach & evangelism in and around Osaka Castle.
- Pray for my friend, Rocky, who has a stress fracture due to osteporosis. Please pray for the pain to ease and that the fracture would heal completely so he can move about more freely and return to leading his TECC classes on Wedesdays.
- Pray for the Japanese churches and that there would be more seminary students. The pastors are aging (as we all are), but there are very few (if any) new upcoming pastors to replace them. There is such a great need in the churches here. Pray for a young man, Yutaka, who (along with his wife) wants to attend KBI seminary next spring. He needs to raise support and is asking for wisdom and guidance.
As I close, I am always thankful for each one of you and for the difference you are making here in Japan by being a part of the ESL ministry. I pray you all have a wonderful week ahead and thank you for your support and encouragement. I was so happy to receive a couple of emails and hand-written letters this past week. If you would like to write to me (other than an email) my mailing address is as follows:
Meito-ku, Ishigane-cho 70
Ito Mansion 102
Blessings and love,